Wednesday, April 7, 2010

NASCAR Driver Defeats Norm Duke in Bowling Match

Don't let the title of this post fool you. Yes, NASCAR driver Matt Kenseth did bowl PBA star Norm Duke in a one game match this afternoon streamed live on bowl.com from the International Training and Research Center in Arlington, Texas, and, yes, he did beat Duke 228-203. But Duke spotted Kenseth 117 pins in this "challenge match" whose purpose, I suppose, was to generate publicity for bowling in general and for the USBC and its new bowling campus in Arlington, TX in particular.

In any case, it seems that a good time was had by all, and Kenseth ended up receiving one of Duke's bowling balls as a prize for his victory. When Kenseth asked if the ball fit him, Duke replied that it might. "I have a pretty big hand for my size," he said, to which Kenseth grinningly replied, "I won't say anything about that."

I guess there's not much more to say about any of it except that if this kind of event draws more attention to bowling from people who would ordinarily pay it no mind, I suppose it's a good thing.

Click here to view the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment