Friday, March 5, 2010

Walter Ray's New Trick

If you weren't watching PBA Xtra Frame today, you missed a sight for sore eyes. In the final block of qualifying, Walter Ray Williams started throwing his strike ball like Jason Belmonte. Well, not exactly like Belmo. He didn't have the speed or accuracy of Belmo. But he didn't look too bad.

I'd heard that he was practicing the two-handed style, but I never expected to see him use it in a tournament. If I didn't have Xtra Frame, I probably never would have, unless he REALLY surprises me someday and bowls two-handed on the televised finals.

Unfortunately, he won't have the chance to do it in this tournament. He finished out of the top sixteen that go into tomorrow's "eliminator" format. But the experience he obtained today bowling two-handed in competition may help him someday.

Who says old dogs can't learn new tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment