Wednesday, March 24, 2010

New Mark Roth Photo


I don't know what I expected exactly. Probably a frail looking guy struggling feebly to sit tall in his wheelchair. But that's decidedly not what I see in this fantastic photo from the PBA's Facebook page. Mark Roth looks wonderfully fit given what he's been through and positively aglow with happiness to be standing there at his own tournament.

I know a tremendous amount of determination and effort must have gone into making that uplifting photo possible, and I worry about what will happen when the week's over, the PBA Tour moves on to its next stop, and Mark returns home to continue his rehabilitation following last May's devastating stroke.

But I don't want to think about any of that right now. I just want to gaze at the photo above, smile, and revel in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment