Monday, March 29, 2010

Bowling Video of the Day--2010 USBC Open Team Competition

I've been asked to bowl on a team at the USBC Open in Reno this year. I've never bowled nationals before, but I have bowled in the Reno bowling stadium. However, I've never bowled there on as tough a pattern as the Open puts out.

Frankly, I don't think I'm ready for it. I think I'd be wasting my money and taking a big risk of letting down my teammates. I think I'm going to pass this year, although I haven't made a final decision yet.

But for those of you who are definitely competing this year or even thinking you might, below are videos of some very good teams, including the current team all-events leader (top video), competing in this year's USBC Open.

Also, here's a link to Jeff Richgels' excellent The 11 Frame bowling blog where this four-time USBC Open champion writes about his experience last weekend at the Open and provides some expert tips for team and individual success there. If you're going to nationals, you'd be foolish to ignore what this guy has to say.




No comments:

Post a Comment