Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ask the PBA and You Shall Receive

I posted an entry the other day about PBA Player of the Year Mika Koivuniemi being slated to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at a Cubs-Astros game at Chicago's Wrigley Field. Well, that event came to pass, even if it apparently didn't so much as make a blip in the media, bowling or otherwise. Indeed, I wonder how many people watching the game either in person or on TV even knew who the tall, lanky guy was who took to the mound to throw that pitch. And even if they knew who he was, did they even care the way they probably would if it were a pop star or top athlete from just about any other sport?

The PBA posted a video of Mika's pitch to their webpage soon after the fact. But I couldn't embed it here, so I wrote to them on Facebook and asked if they could create a YouTube version that I could embed. I was happily surprised over how quickly they obliged. Thanks PBA. Maybe that's one good thing about a sport not being too popular. It isn't too big to heed the comments and requests of the little guy. And there's none littler than me.

What do you think of Mika's pitch (see below)? Should he do like Michael Jordan a few years ago and quit his other job?

No comments:

Post a Comment