Monday, June 13, 2011

Bowling Video of the Day--Dealing With Bowling's Cruel Nature

"I don't believe in bad luck or bad karma. I believe you just do what you can do and if the pins fall, the pins fall."
--Jason Belmonte

"I think it's one of the toughest sports to deal with mentally."
--Chris Loschetter

"It is how I make my living, it is how I pay my bills, but the bottom line is bowling IS just a game."
--Michael Haugen

"It took me a long time on tour to realize that you couldn't change the outcome of something and to let it go."
--Tommy Jones

"I think this is really the only sport in the whole world that you can throw your very, very best shot and still get nine."
--Pete Weber

The quotes above are from a great new PBA short video that asks, How do you deal with the cruel nature of bowling? The prevailing theme in player responses is, yes, bowling can be a cruel sport where you think you've thrown a great ball and you get an awful tap or you suddenly just fall apart, but you put it behind you, focus on applying your proven skill on the next shot, let 'er rip, and accept what happens. All easy to say but often much more difficult to put into practice. Yet it can be argued that the players in the video are as good as they are at least partly because they're able to apply this advice better than most. May we all learn to apply it better to our own games.

You can watch the video below.

2 comments:

  1. do you know the song played in the background? i've heard it before but i can't figure it out. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I'm sorry to say that I don't know the name of the song, even though it's certainly familiar. There's probably "an app for that," but I don't have it.

    ReplyDelete