Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Walter Ray Williams Jr. Off to a Blistering Start in First Round of PBA Senior Miller High Life Classic

I wrote the other day about how Walter Ray Williams Jr. has bowled well on the PBA Senior Tour but hasn't been as dominant as many might have expected due to the quality of his competition. Well, maybe he read my post and decided to prove me wrong, because he tore up the first qualifying round of the PBA Senior Miller High Life Classic at the George Pappas Victory Lanes in Mooresville, N.C. yesterday by averaging a blistering 253 for eight games. He is the defending champion, having won the tournament last year in his first outing on the Senior Tour after winning Player of the Year on the regular Tour.

Walter Ray had this to say about his opening round:
"I was a little concerned at the start of the round because I wasn’t getting the ball reaction I wanted but somehow I was still getting the ball to the pocket. Eventually I got everything synched up where my timing, equipment and ball reaction all came together. I’m feeling good and after some work I like where my game is now. I’m getting back to where I was, so everything’s heading in the right direction."
It sounds to me as though Walter Ray's opponents may be in for a rough season.

You can read the entire PBA press release here.

No comments:

Post a Comment