Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Walter Ray Leads PBA Senior Miller High Life Championship Going Into Match Play

Walter Ray Williams Jr. was still leading the PBA Senior Miller High Life Championship after both rounds of qualifying and will look to win this event for the second consecutive year in match play today. After yesterday's round, he said:
"Out of the gate I liked my ball reaction much better in today’s round than yesterday but I had a couple bad games. In the 168 game I had a problem adjusting to the pair of lanes I was on and in the 195 game I actually had a good shot to the pocket but just didn’t carry...When you lead qualifying you just hope to keep the momentum going. Hopefully I can keep throwing a lot of strikes because I’m going to need them. The guys on the Senior Tour are good and just like regular tour you can’t take anything for granted."
Unfortunately, the PBA's excellent subscription webcasting service Xtra Frame, which carried this tournament last year, will not be doing so this year. I have it on good authority that this is because its viewership of previous senior tournaments this year has been very low.

Come on, Xtra Frame subscribers. Watch these tournaments. Let the PBA know that you want to see more of them. These seniors can bowl! And I'm not talking only about Walter Ray.

No comments:

Post a Comment