Friday, June 11, 2010

Gone Bowling

I'm sorry that I haven't been posting as much as usual. I've been preparing for a trip down to Southern California today to compete in a 20-gamer tomorrow, 6/12. We'll be bowling our first 10 games on the Cheetah pattern and the second 10 on the Scorpion. We're supposed to start at 10 AM and finish around 10 PM, although, even with an hour break between blocks, I don't know that it will go THAT long.

Mike Devaney, P.J. Haggerty, Brett Wolfe, and other bowling luminaries are signed up to bowl in this marathon. So, it looks like a tough, tough field on challenging conditions.

I've been tempted more than once to withdraw, but I'm going to hang in there and do my best not to think about my competition or what they might be thinking (probably nothing) about me and just focus on being "all there" and making the best shot I can each and every time.

In any case, I expect to have a blast bowling and visiting an old friend afterward. And I'll be blogging here about the bowling part of it after I get home.

Until then, take care everybody, and happy bowling.

No comments:

Post a Comment