Monday, February 8, 2010

Chris Paul Invitational Thoughts, and Things to Come

I posted last Friday in my entry Ludacris or Ludicrous? that I had reservations about the upcoming Chris Paul Celebrity Bowling Invitational. I said I hoped the program didn't reduce some great PBA bowlers to clowns and demean the sport of bowling. Having watched it Sunday, I have to say that I needn't have worried. Not that I was THAT worried. But I needn't have worried at all. The program was a silly but mildly enjoyable piece of bowling entertainment fluff that hopefully earned a lot of donations for the needy beneficiaries of Chris Paul's charity and attracted long-term fans to the PBA.

The end doesn't always justify the means, but, I think THESE ends justified THESE means. But now let's get back to REAL bowling with this week's Masters tournament in Reno. I'll be following the action on Xtra Frame and reporting on it here as well as recapping highlights from last week's Xtra Frame coverage of the Dick Weber Open.

I will also be bringing a new feature to this blog--a daily quote about bowling that I think is informative, wise, entertaining, or otherwise worth reading and remembering. Actually, I may not post one EVERY day, but I'll darn sure try to most days, starting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment