Sunday, December 18, 2011

Should There Be a USBC Open Senior Division?

Should the USBC Open Championships have a senior division? Roy Rasmus of Bay City, MI thinks so. Here's his letter to this month's Bowlers Journal International:

I have bowled in 33 ABC/USBC Open Tournaments, but at this point in my life, at age 62, I can no longer compete against the younger bowlers and the PBA card-carrying members who are allowed to bowl. The average or even better-than-average bowler has little chance. I can adjust to most conditions and I expect a tough shot, but how many bowlers can play inside the third arrow or deeper? Maybe it's time to break this tournament into age groups to give us seniors a chance.

5 comments:

  1. i like Bowlers Journal International

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bowled for years as a kid. After looking over your blog it has brought back good memories. i plan on taking up bowling again. I appreciate the information. Great blog.

    Thanks,
    Kenneth Gibbons LLC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bowling i have found to be very relaxing after a very busy day working at our firm. I appreciate your blog and enjoyed reading it.

    Thanks
    Antoinette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Antoinette. Bowling needs all the fans and patrons it can get now. I'm looking to find a way to improve my blog and reach out to more people to inspire them to become more involved with the wonderful sport of bowling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete